Monday, October 11, 2010

catch up

Life has been a tad crazy... between finishing up the reorganization of my craft room, crafting and visiting with family I just haven't had much time. However, I did get some time in for photography and crafting.
I have gained a best friend here in Richmond, check out her blog at Elena Jones Photography. Last wednesday she took to me to a local restaurant, Ghyslain, for lunch. Lets just say... yuuuuuummmm. Our table was adorned with a beautiful bud vase and three types of salts.
Three?!??!
Yes, Three. My favorite was the Pink Himalayan made from dinosaurs :) I dined on the Italian Baguette for lunch and the Charlemagne for my dessert.

It's ok to be jealous......
This wonderful little piece of heaven is located in an old building called 'The Loft' and was accompanied by a few quaint little shops. I have finally found a place in Richmond where the toothless do not go.
Elena is also my personal tour guide for the surrounding area since she has been in Richmond for a few more years than me. We went on a walk a month or so ago and came across a few great sites:


This is the first home built in Richmond.
I really want to go inside!!!


A beautiful Catholic church uptown.
We happened to be walking by when a bride and her entourage were heading into the church.
I didn't want to be the creeper taking pictures of them... although I think Elena got one :)


And then a stunning sunflower...My time was also spent at The Fulton County Fair with my awesome family.

(L to R) My stepsister Nicole and her pony, Snickers. The spreading 'Chestnut tree' or Oak to everyone else. Sean and I's bricks at the new horse pavilion.




The pretty sky over an eating pavilion. (this was while I watched Sean in a cornhole tournament. The picture to the right is my niece, Morgan sitting on some giant pumpkins.









That is my papa on the left eating a sausage sandwich and rolling in his scooter. On the right is Sean and I after a looooong weekend.
We also had some visitors to our house, and for that I got all decorated up for fall....
















Even Reese got in on the action... and I'm really surprised that she stayed there this long.


However, the main event was this pimpin' cutie...



This post is taking forever, so I will postpone the rest for tomorrow..

Goodnight!!!

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are awesome, my friend. I'm glad you find value in my touring. No all is lost in Richmond area. I have a surprise for our next tour. Due to my new job I travel a lot and I found some more neat stuff.
    I learned to find cool things where nobody did before. I'm glad to share those with you))

    ReplyDelete